Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Project of the Week - My First SPRING FLOWER!!

           This FABULOUS plant stand (in it's final glory), originally came in like this mismatched mutt of a piece.  Yuch!

After thinking about it overnight, I decided this plant stand had a base with promise.  It could be interpreted as a stem and leaves (...imagine, if you will) and the top could be painted to look like a flower??  A mum perhaps!First, lots and lots of sanding - then we BEGIN.

  
I started with a light pink all over, then strokes of darker pink with yellow and green over each other in the middle.  After drying I began to draw petals with chalk, until the entire surface was covered.

I blew the chalk dust away and took a clear spray paint to seal it.
Once that dried, I took a white acrylic paint in a squeeze bottle and went over the petals.  Then,  I went over the top with 2 coats of high gloss polyurethane.  What do you think of my first SPRING FLOWER!!
It's still available at Red Rock Rose Boutique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...